Brittaney Kiefer – September 27 2012
STOCKHOLM: Kreab Gavin Anderson has restructured its global leadership team following the departure of CEO Richard Constant in June.
Chairman Peje Emilsson assumed the role of chief executive when Constant left. London-based president and head of the financial communications practice Fergus Wylie, CFO Gene Golembeski, Japan managing partner Deborah Hayden, and Hong Kong managing partner Richard Barton left the agency 10 days ago.
Wylie, Golembeski, Hayden, and Barton were all senior executives at Gavin Anderson & Company before it merged with Kreab in 2009.
“Since I took over as CEO I made an assessment, and after three months decided we needed this change,” Emilsson said. “I thank the people who left and wish them all the best in their new positions.”
In London, senior partner Gunilla Banér has been promoted to managing partner. Banér was senior partner and head of the London office at Kreab before the merger.
Director of group affairs Calle Emilsson has taken over the additional role of acting CFO.
Jonathan Kushner replaces Hayden as managing partner in Japan. Kushner started working at Kreab Gavin Anderson in 2011 as a partner in the Tokyo office. He previously led communications and corporate affairs at the Japan and Korea operations of AIG’s general insurer Chartis, and before that he was a director of business development at Microsoft Asia-Pacific.
Walter Jennings, who previously served as CEO of Greater China at Gavin Anderson & Company from 1996 to 1999, replaces Barton as Hong Kong managing partner. Jennings became a partner at the firm in January. Prior to that, he was SVP and GM of Fleishman-Hillard Sydney, founder and partner of independent corporate and financial communications firm Perception Counsel, and VP of global communications at Ford Motor Credit Company.
Last week, PRWeek UK reported that director of public affairs Andrew Silverman, who joined Gavin Anderson & Company in 2007, will leave Kreab Gavin Anderson in early 2013 to become director of public affairs at Lansons.
The agency initially restructured its management team in October 2011. At that time, Wylie and head of public affairs Sebastian Remoy, based in Brussels, were named presidents, and deputy chief executive Charlotte Erkhammer was appointed executive vice chairman. Remoy and Erkhammer remain at the firm.
Omnicom-owned Gavin Anderson & Company and Magnora AB-owned Swedish firm Kreab merged to become Kreab Gavin Anderson in 2009. Emilsson, who was founder and chairman of Magnora and Kreab, became executive chairman of Kreab Gavin Anderson at that time. Constant, chairman and CEO of Gavin Anderson, assumed the roles of president and CEO at the new firm.
Omnicom and Magnora retain ownership in the firm, with the latter owning 53 percent and the former the remaining 47 percent.