For foreign enterprises in the food and beverage industry, the Chinese market has never seemed so appetizing. Demographic changes are forging a wealthier population that is increasingly demanding a more diverse set of food options. However, the challenges of operating in China can be enormous.
Kreab Gavin Anderson Research-Asia has created a China food and beverage industry special report that highlights:
- Changes in Chinese food and beverage spending since 2005;
- Growth in the wholesale and retail segments;
- Expansion of transport networks and opportunities for distributors;
- The challenging competitive landscape;
- Persistent supply chain problems;
- The regulatory environment; and
- The inconsistency of regulation and enforcement.
The report concludes with suggestions on establishing a stakeholder-communications program in China.
Please feel free to distribute this report, internally or externally, as you see fit.